Inspiring Women’s Global Network (IWGN) is the premier business and social network for chronically-ill, women entrepreneurs. We are a community of vibrant entrepreneurs, authors, bloggers and achievers, both accomplished and aspiring, who are impacted by a chronic illness, “disability” or other health crisis. It is our conviction to live with purpose, take optimum care of ourselves and remain financially independent through entrepreneurship. We gather here to connect with like-minded women, share information and resources, give and garner support, inspire and be inspired and to have a little fun!
OUR MISSION IS E3: TO ENGAGE, EXCITE & EMPOWER!
To read the IWGN story click here.
INSPIRING WOMEN GIVE BACK!
Nothing is more inspiring than when someone who has their own set of pressing needs reaches out to help another. Whether you give the gift of sharing, encouragement, support, random acts of kindness, time, talent, material goods, money or something else we encourage you to let your light shine and inspire others to do the same.
When you invest in yourself with a purchase of any IWGN membership, product or service you are also investing in others. IWGN donates a portion of all its proceeds to support the following organizations:
- Starlight Children’s Foundation Starlight Children’s Foundation helps seriously ill children and their families cope with their pain, fear and isolation by providing programs to improve their life and health. Some of our favorite programs are Starbright World, the premier online social network where teens with chronic and life-threatening medical conditions (and siblings of seriously ill teens) can connect and Great Escapes which provides relaxing, fun-filled events for Starlight families.
- A Cinderella Ball An annual gala for students with disabilities or life-threatening illnesses. It features dinner, a concert, presentation of the “No Excuses Award” (highlighting the inspiring life of one student) and the after-party Ball.
- Wigs for Kids Did you know that more than 2 million children are affected by hair loss? Wigs for Kids helps children look themselves and live their lives by providing custom-made hair replacement. As the Founder said “Children should not have to worry about how they look, especially when they’re in the middle of a health crisis.” Read the story of what inspired the Founder and meet some of the children helped by Wigs for Kids.
- Sail To Prevail Sail To Prevail offers various programs that create opportunities for disabled children and adults to overcome adversity through therapeutic sailing in specially-adapted sailboats. One of our two favorites, Sail Away From Cancer, is a specialized program established for pediatric cancer patients to sail with their resident doctors and family members, creating a unique “out of hospital” experience. The other is Confidence is Cool day camp, where the overall goal is to build confidence and self-esteem of physically disabled children. IWGN donations are designated to participant scholarships.
- Fab-U-Wish A new program for young women fighting breast or ovarian cancer. In partnership with Bright Pink, E!News host Giuliana Rancic plays fairy godmother by granting women in need of a little refuge with their most fabulous wish!
- Wish Upon a Wedding This magical organization provides weddings and vow renewals to couples facing terminal illness and serious life-altering circumstances. It was created to celebrate the courage, determination and spirit of these couples by granting their dream wedding wishes. The hope is that recipients can inspire other couples facing similar situations to find hope and strength. Read about the Founder’s inspiration for starting this organization.
- IWGN’s Inspiration Foundation Fund This fund is raising money to establish the Inspiration Foundation, a non-profit organization in its infancy. The Foundation will support chronically-ill and disabled women through various projects.
You can also donate to these organizations directly on their websites.
If you are an Inspiring Woman who’d like to share your talents, skills, expertise and experience with others Ask us about opportunities to participate with IWGN. We look forward to hearing from you!