No one has to tell me how important exercise is. Yet, I neglect exercise more often than I care to admit publicly. The good news is…I’m working on it! I try to keep things fun and interesting by doing something besides going to a gym. My latest thing is dancing! Thought I’d share what I call my Top 10 Reasons to Keep On Dancin’!
- Dance develops flexibility and instills confidence.
- Dance is first and foremost a stimulating mental activity that connects mind to body.
- Dance breaks isolation.
- Dance invokes imagery in the service of graceful movement.
- Dance focuses attention on eyes, ears and touch as tools to assist in movement and balance.
- Dance increases awareness of where all parts of the body are in space.
- Dance tells stories.
- Dance sparks creativity.
- The basis of dance is rhythm.
- The essence of dance is joy.
(This list was copied with permission from www.danceforparkinsons.org.)
What do you do to make exercise interesting? Share in the comments below.by