As we say goodbye to Parkinson’s Disease Awareness Month, here is a summary of IWGN’s part in celebrating and raising awareness.
- We shared a link for 16 Ways to Stay Positive while Living with Parkinson’s Disease.
- We shared a link to learn about making lifestyle choices that make a difference in quality of life for young PD patients.
- We suggested some fun ways to get your exercise in!
Dance for PD® provides dance classes with live music to enrich the lives of people with Parkinson’s Disease, their families, friends and caregivers.
Hamilton City Ballet’s Dance for Parkinson’s is the first classical ballet school in Canada to offer a series of ballet classes designed for people who have Parkinson’s Disease.
Rock Steady Boxing is the first gym in the U.S. dedicated to the fight against Parkinson’s Disease.
LIM Yoga blends traditional poses with modifications and chair support specifically designed for people with Parkinson’s Disease, movement disorders or other physical limitations.
- We shared information about young people with PD and links so that you could connect with them and read their stories.
- We introduced you to Inspiring Woman, Renee Le Verrier.
Although PD awareness month has been designated as April, we can spread the word about PD year round. In the comments below, tell us about anything you’ve done or your suggestions on how to raise awareness for PD.by